I recently attended the SmartCamp Finals in London where I met some great entrepreneurs and had great pleasure to listen to their ideas to achieve a more sustainable life.
The event was sponsored by IBM, who help nurture early stage start-ups as they look to progress their business model in line with IBM Smarter Planet vision. Event partners included – entrepreneurcountry – L39 – sevenhills – Tech London Advocates and supported by TechCity and UK Trade & Investment.
Here are are the final five and a closer look:
– Representing Ireland, it was Actus Mobile Solutions, a company established to research and develop disruptive technologies that exploit the potential opportunities in the rapidly expanding secure mobile/wireless transaction and secure m-commerce markets.
– High-growth start-up Carbon Culture is a purpose-built digital platform that empowers communities to deliver evidence-based energy and carbon savings. It is currently deployed at both national and local government level in the UK, as well as being in use in higher education and corporate environments.
– EnergyDeck is a community-based platform that helps organisations and individuals save costs related to the consumption of energy and other natural resources. It leverage’s collective intelligence to facilitate effective building management and identifying energy saving opportunities on an accessible, open-source web platform.
– Social shopping network Shopa allows members to discover products from a growing database of over 100 million and earn cash when they buy or share them with friends.
– Zerobin is a virtual, reverse logistics services company that helps power the efficient domestic collection of wide variety of materials including waste, charity, repairs and more. It allows a domestic user to register via an app and materials to be collected using back haul or empty van capacity of national postal companies and other third party logistics operators.
The winner of the London final is in the infographic below, the next stage will be held in Vienna in November. Also take a look at the videos (links below the graphic)
If you’re a start-up, and interested in partnering with IBM, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org