Ten Helpful Points in Using Twitter for Business
I came across these great points in a recent article from inBlurbs.com. Take a look as the infographic they have is very good, demonstrating the impact social media is having on business’s.
As the use of social networking tools rocket you are missing a huge trick if you are not already engaging with your clients in this space.
Take a look at these steps to consider, what else would you add?
- 1st Register with Twitter and complete your profile and customize it.
- 2nd Start to observe the conversation related to your industry. To do this you should download and install HootSuite or TweetDeck. Set your brand name and look if it is mentioned. If mentioned, respond in real time if necessary.
- 3rd Go to Google Alerts and set Alerts for your name, your company brand, your products, your best customers and your top ten competitors. These alert will be delivered directly to you email box as news appear. This keeps you updated and by the way you monitor your brand name mentions, which offer you the opportunity to respond in real time if necessary.
- 4th Lookout for your competition and invite their followers to your Twitter.
- 5th Connect with your audience on Twitter and start the conversation.
- 6th Share interesting and helpful content. Not only yours but other content from other sources as well.
- 7th When you publish your own content include a call to action which directs your reader to dedicated landing pages.
- 8th Do Twitter exclusive specific promotions for your Twitter followers. Direct them to landing pages for lead generation.
- 9th Promote your Press Release on Twitter. To learn how take a look at HubSpot how they have published a PR on Twitter with its 140 characters.
- 10th Incorporate effective landing page for lead generation. This will ensure a steady flow of fresh business leads for your sales team.
Incorporate the above for your Twitter marketing, test, measure and refine and then test, measure and refine. Repeat