The amount of digital data in our world has been exponentially growing in just a few short years. This infographic looks at how big data has the potential to become the next frontier for innovation, competition and profit.
Created by Get Satisfaction,
A valued colleague of mine put together a small deck addressing some of the Myths we experience when talking about Social Business. I have converted it into a video for you all to enjoy. I am sure you have come across many more, why not let us know what myths busters you have to share below.
You might have to pause it to read some of the slides!
You’re Entitled! Yes you!
Did you know you have access to some of IBM’s latest and most amazing software – absolutely free of charge?
At IBM Collaboration Solutions we’ve been busy! Whether it’s social, mobile or secure collaboration we have been taking the latest innovations in social business and making them available to our customers.
To get as much of our exciting new stuff as possible in your hands we are running roadshows where you can see what you can get for free!
● Work anytime, anywhere with mobile push email, calendar and contacts
● Reduce Microsoft Office costs
● Increase productivity through secure, enterprise instant messaging
● A social corporate directory to find people based on expertise
● Secure file sharing
● Provide a VPN to access corporate apps remotely
● Synchronise information across many repositories quickly and efficiently
Dates and Locations
- 19th June IBM Edinburgh
- 21st June IBM South Bank
- 27th June IBM Manchester
Sessions start at 09:30 and end at 14:00
To register, contact your IBM Sales Representative or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please state which date you would like to attend)
Or even tweet me @Social_Ben or leave a comment here.
IBM conducted more than 1,700 in-depth, face-to-face interviews with CEOs, general managers and senior public sector leaders from around the globe.
Their newest CEO Study, the largest of its type ever undertaken, is the latest in the IBM C-suite Study Series. It explores how CEOs are responding to the complexity of increasingly interconnected organizations, markets, societies and governments – what we call the connected economy.
Three themes emerged. Today’s CEOs must:
- Empower employees through values
- Engage customers as individuals
- Amplify innovation with partnerships
Register now to access the insights that can help you lead more effectively through impactful connections with your employees, customers and partners.
Get the full Study HERE
A great Infographic that looks at the steady growth of cloud computing and the potential storage issues the cloud faces in the near future.
The Real cost of Social Media
With social media at the height of its popularity, advertisers and companies find it an easy and trendy means of expand their marketing horizons. While many companies may be fooled by the free cost to open a social media account, many fail to consider the expense that goes into running a social media campaign. Do the benefits really outweigh the costs?
“How can you squander even one more day not taking advantage of the greatest shift of out generation? How dare you settle for less when the world has made it so easy for you to be remarkable?” – Seth Godin
The true cost of a social media campaign depends on the size and reach of the campaign itself. These are some factors to consider:
- Staff costs – Once cost often overlooked is the cost of your marketer’s salary. Without a dedicated social media campaign manager you will need to work out the amount of time your other employees will spend maintaining the social media site. Community managers are also need to answer customer inquiries and to maintain a spam-free zone for your clients and customers.
- Advertising – The biggest myth about social media is : “if you build it they will come.” Merely setting up a Facebook page or a twitter account will not guarantee any ROI. It is necessary to add your own advertising to the mix. This can include targeted adds on the platform, adding follow buttons, share buttons on your companies website or email advertisements.
- External Fees – If your campaign is not in-house, do you out source all parts of your social media campaign? If thats is the case then you will need to figure out the breakdown in billing and how you will be charged. Since different agencies have different rates for different strategies, you’ll need to work out if this is a continuous cost and whether it affects you return value.
- Other – While many basic tools for social media are free, more in depth tools, such as tracking, require some escalated cost. Any other technical and creative costs may also be assumed. What happens if you are highly successful? Do you have the backing and budget to expand?
Below is a breakdown of what a fallout social media campaign may cost in a year. The amounts are estimates released by Danny Brown, CEO of Bonsai Interactive.
Considering the potential cost if a target social media campaign, are the benefits really worth the effort and money?
In a recent survey, marketing executives where asked what they felt were the main benefits of marketing through social media. Not surprisingly, only half the respondents felt that ‘low cost’ was a benefit.
So what is the economic potential of fans on Facebook. Syncapse took a look at twenty brands – here are the results:
On average, fans spent an additional $71 on products for which they are fans of, compared to those that are not fans on Facebook.
Twitter has also provided some great case studies. Take DellOutlet, they sought to expand their brand awareness heavily through twitter. Soon after their pages where launched thay had generated over $3m worth of business from followers who clicked on links for purchases.
Sometimes the ability of social media is the ability to create a central forum fopr new consumers. Take the case of the Old Spice brand, a new commercial was launched which generated alot of media attention. The Twitter and Facebook pages became a rallying point for these new adopters.
2700% Increase of Twitter followers – 800% Increase in Facebook followers – 300% Increase in traffice to their website
So do the benefits out weight the costs? Tell me how you get on or if you like give me call and lets chat.
I found this Infographic very interesting. Whilst I consider myself an Xbox addict I tend to play shoot ’em ups. The Infographic below suggests that the fastest growing social games are word games with friends creaing friendly competition. Since 2010, social gaming has been expanding the gaming market and broadening the impact of gamification on business. And with sites like Zynga attracting 148 million unique gamers monthly, the trend is only growing.
Created by Flowtown
Microsoft has launched the most complete preview yet of its forthcoming Windows 8 operating system.
The company said that tens of thousands of improvements have been made to what it calls the most important redesign of its interface since Windows 95.
Consumers can now download the release preview of Windows 8, a system which Microsoft says is its most tested operating system ever.
It is expected to go on sale in the autumn, three years after Windows 7.
The new operating system is designed to bring Windows into the touchscreen, smartphone era.
It adopts the Metro interface of the company’s mobile operating system, Windows Phone 7.
Windows, which still dominates the desktop PC software market, has been much slower to make an impact on mobile phones and tablet computers.
The release preview has features not available in the last version, the consumer preview, launched in February.
There will be new apps for the Bing search engine, news and sports, and improvements to the mail and photo applications unveiled previously.
Microsoft said manufacturers and developers were at work on new devices and apps designed to make the most of Windows 8’s features.
Do not track
The latest version of Microsoft’s browser Internet Explorer 10, optimised for touchscreen, is also included for the first time. Users are promised greater personalisation of the start screen, and more control over privacy.
IE 10 will be the first version of the browser with “do not track” turned on by default, meaning users can easily decide not to accept cookies.
Microsoft’s Chief Privacy Officer Brendon Lynch announced the move on his blog.
“In a world where consumers live a large part of their lives online, it is critical that we build trust that their personal information will be treated with respect, and that they will be given a choice to have their information used for unexpected purposes,” he wrote.
But the advertising industry has raised concerns.
Microsoft’s decision risked “limiting the availability and diversity of internet content and services for consumers,” said the Digital Advertising Alliance.