LinkedIn’s new look is clean and image-centric. The development team have added a new Rich Media tool that allows you to easily add video, presentations, your blog and other media to your Summary, Experience and Education sections.
We all know how important video is to marketing, and with this new media link, LinkedIn acknowledges its importance. So make sure you add video to your profile. (But remember, this is a business tool. No dancing cat videos, please.)
I will now show you how to add a video to a section.
1) Select “Edit Profile under” the “Profile” tab
Scroll down to Experience. You will now see this:
2) Click on the add symbol (circled above)
3) Insert the URL from where the video is hosted. For example YouTube.
I added two
I think this is fantastic, what do you think? What videos will you be adding? Come and say hello below.
I like this video, I liked the previous one too. Whilst this contains some -seen before- elements, there are new bits and still makes you think “wow”. Are you ready to begin your journey, perhaps you fall under my top ten objections?
Thank you Erik Qualman for the video
What element stood out for you?
The rise of Facebook, Twitter and other social networks has accelerated the growth of YouTube as it enables discovery and sharing of online video.
- 500 years of YouTube video are watched every day on Facebook
- Over 700 YouTube videos are shared on Twitter each minute
- 100 million people take a social action on YouTube (likes, shares, comments, etc) every week
- An auto-shared tweet results in 6 new youtube.com sessions on average
- There are 500 tweets per minute containing a YouTube link
- Millions of subscriptions to YouTube happen each day. (Subscriptions allow you to connect with someone you’re interested in — whether it’s a friend, or the NBA — and keep up on their activity on the site)
- More than 50% of videos on YouTube have been rated or include comments from the community
- Millions of videos are favorited every day
What about you?
How do you use YouTube and video in your marketing?
Has social media opened up global opportunities for you? What is the most exciting and inspiring business or personal event or connection that has been instigated by social media?
Look forward to hearing your stories.